Waterloo and City line trains

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 31 March 2006 10.47pm
Anyone going down to Baylis Road / Spur Road this weekend to see the transfer of old to new trains for the Waterloo & City Line?

I remember the now old ones being placed down on the rails and it was quite exciting to watch! I hope to take some snaps and post them here.
Saturday 1 April 2006 10.32am
I've just found my photos from the swap-over of rolling stock in 1993 ... predictably they were in the very last wallet in the last box of photos I got out.

Will scan a few and post them.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 1 April 2006 11.21am
Cool! Will be good to see as my dad can't find his set!

I've just been told that they won't be new trains, they will be the old ones but refurbished!

Will be interesting to see how dirty they have got since 1993 before the work is done on them.

I'll take some snaps later, post them on my website and give a link here.
Saturday 1 April 2006 2.01pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2099

Saturday 1 April 2006 2.42pm
James Hatts wrote:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2099

Fantastic!
Saturday 1 April 2006 10.20pm
Very impressive watching the men with the string at each corner guide the carriage down between the lampposts. And the crane was a good tonka-toy scale machine - Joan indulgently let me watch one carriage being lowered on to its trailer before getting too impatient - lots of other overgrown boys there watching the exercise too...

I don't think a single person going by could resist whipping out their mobile to take a quick snap of the carriage in mid air... well you just can't, can you...
Sunday 2 April 2006 1.03pm
Are they still doing it today or have they finished?
Sunday 2 April 2006 1.28pm
The Unladylike Ms. Jo wrote:
Are they still doing it today or have they finished?

I can't see the crane from my living room today so I'm guessing they have finished.
Sunday 2 April 2006 10.20pm
Oh well, will keep an eye out for when they bring the trains back again. Thanks.
Tuesday 1 August 2006 10.25am
For those who missed the spectacle first time round, the W&C line trains are returning to Waterloo over the next two weekends.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network