Venue for fundraising event

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 April 2006 1.47pm
I am part of an upcoming local theatre company called Runaway Theatre who produced 'Creditors' last year at the Southwark Playhouse. I am looking for a venue to host a fundraising event. We are on a really tight budget but what we lack in money we make up for in enthusiasm! It doesn't matter how rough and ready as long as it's got electricity- I am prepared to put in the leg work. Does anyone have a space/ know of a space or fancy making a space that we can transform for the occasion? Open to all suggestions.
Tuesday 4 April 2006 7.52am
There have been thrreads before. In part it depends on what you mean by "cheap".

Waterloo end, the sort of venue used for kids birthday parties include the China Walk Tenants Hall on Lambeth Walk (finish by 10.00pm), Hawkstone Hall which is below the church and offices on Kennington Road by Lambeth North Tube (no alcohol), and the Waterloo Action Centre at the end of Lower Marsh. Other possibilities though I don't have a feel for price might be the Buddhist Centre off Carlisle Lane (they have a hall and given they are about to be evicted may be pleased to earn a little - and a great feel), the ADI at the bridge end of Lambeth Road, and Living Space by Waterloo Millennium Green. You might also try St Johns Parish as they have a couple of halls. Or there is St Anselms at Kennington Cross, part of the North Lambeth Parish, and Lambeth Mission on Lambeth Road.

Been to too many community meetings, me.
Tuesday 4 April 2006 9.51am
thanks that's great I'll check them out. The last few parties have been held in buildings like Town Halls awaiting renovation or Arts Centres. As I really want this to be more of a local affair I thought i'd better pick some local brains! We have a kitty of about 500 to go towards the venue.
Tuesday 4 April 2006 4.39pm
editorialmoo

PM me for details of some possibles.

Niall

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: