Evangelical church in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 4 April 2006 2.08pm
hi, i'm a christian who's just moved to Waterloo and looking for a fab local evangelical church - any ideas?
Tuesday 4 April 2006 2.20pm
You'll find link to all the places of worship in the area that have their own websites here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/worship/

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 4 April 2006 3.02pm
ok, just wondering if anyone goes to one - or indeed one near SE1? looking for somewhere young, quite lively, very active in the community with house groups etc as well.
Tuesday 4 April 2006 3.05pm
Any preference as to denomination, or not fussed?

Tuesday 4 April 2006 3.07pm
no over riding preference! just somewhere evangelical .
Tuesday 4 April 2006 3.18pm
Have you looked at Church.co.uk? It's on Kennington Road, opposite Lambeth North station - so it's close to Waterloo. The minister is Steve Chalke (of TV fame).

Tuesday 4 April 2006 3.27pm
will check it out - thanks! hadn't actually heard of it. do you go there / know any more info about it? would love some first hand knowledge of places.
LA
Thursday 6 April 2006 5.55pm
A little further afield but still SE1 is Monnow Road Baptist Church - http://www.mrbc.co.uk . Thoroughly recommended!

LA
Monday 17 April 2006 12.38pm
Hi, we have been members of City Hope Church in Bermondsey for over 25 years - although SE16 it is easily reached by bus from waterloo
www.cityhope.co.uk
it is part of the New Frontiers family of churches
mainly students, students who came and stayed and families from young to middle aged and a growing smattering of 50+s - about 150-200 regularly on Sunday mornings (10.30) and small groups in the week.
St James' is an evangelical Anglican Church - again SE16 but easily accessed.
Haddon Hall is an Evangelical Free Church just by the Bricklayers Arms roundabout and there are other Churches who, with the churches I have mentioned, form the Southwark for Jesus group of Churches
Sunday 24 September 2006 10.13pm
Many months later and I have still not found a church in central London where I feel at home!!! Can hardly believe it. Any other SE1 Christians around? There has been such apathy in every local church I have been to. I would like to be walking distance from home so I can worship God with members of my local community.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network