Guerrilla Projection!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 5 April 2006 2.22am
Sort of connected to my urban exploration stuff, here's some guerilla projecting we did for my mate's dad's sixtieth birthday.

Some of it was done in SE1 as you will see.

Full story here:
Wednesday 5 April 2006 8.02am
Very cool! A bit naughty but the message was inoffensive, so no harm done!

What sort of equipment did you have? What was your cost of buying/hiring it?
Wednesday 5 April 2006 8.54am
Great stuff! Well done. :)
Wednesday 5 April 2006 10.06am
Nice work, fellah!
Wednesday 5 April 2006 11.18am
Great work, but naughty indeed. I don't think I'd like to see this regularly.
Wednesday 5 April 2006 11.57am
ive been doing stuff around and about like this for years, on an underground tip. on an overground level, have been doing club and band visuals for years too.

im a bit more political with the content in gorilla gigs tho. if your going to subvert public spaces atleast make it count.
Wednesday 5 April 2006 12.10pm
And that is exactly what I meant: I don't think I would want to see that happening.
Wednesday 5 April 2006 12.26pm
maurits wrote:
Great work, but naughty indeed. I don't think I'd like to see this regularly.

And (if it's possible to say this without sounding like a hypocrit) I'd agree. If nothing else it would stop being 'fun' if it happened alot.

I doubt we'll do this particular stunt again. There's other naughty-but-legal things to be doing and hey, who wants to be one-trick pony? :)
Wednesday 5 April 2006 7.17pm
By one of those strange bit of morphic resonance (or whatever), last night I was walking over Hungerford Bridge and saw Shell's projection onto the Shell Tower to congratulate the winners of their "fuel economy challenge" for getting into the Guinnesss Book of Records.

And the thought came into my mind that I should sabotage the projection with my own message on the lines of:

"Lang Rabbie and his Committee of Taste
Demolish this Carbuncle now!"

followed in swift succession by projections onto Sea Containers House, Rose Court, and No 1 London Bridge.
Thursday 6 April 2006 2.02am
Christ yes. Sea Containers and No.1 LB are bloody terrible. Truly awful bits of architecture. I love "good" redev but they are rubbish.

Fancy yet another urban75 "regeneration/gentrification" thread? No, me neither ;)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: