Public Photographic Darkrooms in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 10 February 2003 12.25pm
Does anybody know of any public photographic darkrooms within the SE1 or even City area? I'm looking for one which has both colour and b/w self printing facilites and is open weekends and/ or evenings.

I'd greatly appreciate any help as I'm a photographic graduate who has been left longing the fantastic facilites that university provides!

Monday 10 February 2003 1.59pm
I would have thought the college of printing in elephant have something, otherwise the only one I know of is In brixton can't remeber the name though sorry

Show a man how to make fire and he will be warm for hours, set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Monday 10 February 2003 2.24pm
As far as I'm aware, LCP don't allow you to use their darkroom unless you're enrolled on one of their courses.

I don't know of any public dark rooms in SE1, but you could try Photofusion, 17a Electric Lane, SW9 8LA. Their telephone number's 020 7738 5774, and they have a website:

Also the Photographer's Gallery keeps a list of darkrooms. Their website is

Hope this helps.

Thursday 27 February 2003 11.13am
Try the excellent Photographic Club off Cleaver square in Kennigton - the oldest club in the country with excellent facilities...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: