Clothing alterations: I want to get fitted up

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 11 April 2006 8.08am
Does anyone know of a clothing alterations place in SE1 where have a fitting room and will measure you up? I have some trousers I need altered but I don't trust myself to say I want 5 cm off here or 3cm off there or whatever.

Somewhere close to Waterloo station would be ideal. Thanks in advance, Ian.
Tuesday 11 April 2006 10.26am
On Walworth Road, just south of Baldwins and the Town Hall, is a small tailor's shop which is v good for alternations (I was recently charged 10 for a good & quick job). It's called Threadneedleman Bespoke Tailors, 187a Walworth Road, SE17 (020 7701 9181).

http://www.threadneedlemantailors.co.uk/

It's about 10 mins on bus 171, 176 or 68 from Waterloo, get off at the Larcom St stop (town hall) and carry on - it's on the left as you go south, the other half of the shop is a newsagent.

He also does bespoke suits, apparently 500+.

No connection etc etc

Luke
Tuesday 11 April 2006 11.49am
Many thanks for that, Luke - it looks a good place.

Actually, does anyone know of anywhere nearer to Waterloo or the South Bank? I'm actually hoping to get there and back, including queueing, changing, being measured up, changing back again and paying deposit etc. within 25 minutes.

(I work in an office on the South Bank and I think that place is a bit too far. (I don't have much of a lunch "hour".)
Tuesday 11 April 2006 9.47pm
Dress2kill at 47 The Cut, London SE1 8LF does alterations and might be closer for you.

I confess a connection, in that I practice acupuncture there, but I have no axe to grind re clothing alterations!

Jessica x
Wednesday 12 April 2006 8.00am
Many thanks Jessica. I'll pop along there - it's extremely convenient for me. Odd that I've never noticed it - I must have walked past there a hundreds of times.

Ian
Wednesday 12 April 2006 9.48am
it's new. James reported it last week in "In SE1"

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: