Football in the park

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 12 April 2006 8.51pm
Dear all

I'm interested in playing a bit of footie this spring/summer. Does anyone know of any 5-a-side or park football happening in or close to SE1?

Cheers
Wednesday 12 April 2006 10.08pm
There was a five-a-side pitch at the back of Tanner St Park. It was removed when the park was renovated but the space is still there. Maybe it needs a push for Soutyhwark Council to re-instate it. Try the community council or local ward councillors.

Niall
Thursday 13 April 2006 8.58am
There are 5-a-side pitches in Hatfields (between The Cut and Stamford Street) run by the Colombo Centre.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 14 April 2006 3.01pm
Wheelo wrote:
Dear all
I'm interested in playing a bit of footie this spring/summer. Does anyone know of any 5-a-side or park football happening in or close to SE1?

Cheers

There's park footie in Southwark Park Wheelo, I played a few times the year before last with some guys who posted on this site, and the times they didn't turn up I just joined in another match. It was good fun. I can't remember if it was Sat or Sun tho.

If you need players I could get into a weekly thing, esp if you use the Hatfields site - I used to be ok at 5-a-side!
Tuesday 18 April 2006 9.16pm
Thnks for the info. The park sounds good to me - it seems more natural to be in a park during the summer than on astroturf! Stiofano: do you know what time they start playing on Sat/Sun in the park?
Wednesday 19 April 2006 11.19am
Wheelo wrote:
Thnks for the info. The park sounds good to me - it seems more natural to be in a park during the summer than on astroturf! Stiofano: do you know what time they start playing on Sat/Sun in the park?

Used to meet at 12 ish - There should be some previous thread on it , search on Brian Parsons if I remember correctly.
Wednesday 19 April 2006 12.34pm
I seem to remember reading recently that there is a sports yard on Great Suffolk Street - that is supposed to be munici[pal, but that has been commandeered by the Fire Brigade - is this true ?

Is it a public facility, or is it the fire brigade's facility (ie private) ?

T
Wednesday 19 April 2006 1.23pm
It's the fire brigade's (attached to their training centre on Southwark Bridge Road), but is available for use by others.

The relevant contact details are given on a sign on the fence round the pitch.

See also previous thread: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/43805

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: