Takeaway tonight - recommendations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 13 April 2006 4.03pm
Would like to order good chinese / other takeaway tonight (it being good is more important than any specific cuisine!) We live in Waterloo. Where is good? You must be quick or we will be using Deliverance! Would rather something a bit more authentic though.
Thursday 13 April 2006 4.21pm
Simply Indian on tabard Street is very good ...
Thursday 13 April 2006 4.25pm
Ned's Noodle Box in Belvedere Road (County Hall)?

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/view.php?venueid=114

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 13 April 2006 8.28pm
Thanks - Ned's noodle box was fab!
ood
Friday 14 April 2006 1.47pm
we live in waterloo and for a takeaway, the Chinese Canteen (which looks awesomely unauspicious) on Waterloo Road is very tasty. i can only recommend the tofu dishes, though, as we are vegetarian. we also love Culture Grub on The Cut which is ridiculously cheap with huge, fresh, tasty portions (it even takes some of the taxicab business away from Superfish on Waterloo Road!). we haven't tried Ned's, so will go soon...
Saturday 15 April 2006 7.59pm
Chilli's on St George's Circus is good, though the food can be fearsomely hot!
Monday 17 April 2006 11.22am
I had Simply Indian a few weeks back - I won't be having it again!
Sunday 23 April 2006 12.31pm
You must be used to EXTREMELY low standards if you're happy with either Deliverance or Ned's! In my experience (and I have extensive experience of Deliverence as I have to use it regularly at work) the food from Deliverence is a 2 or at most 3 out of 5 and also outrageously overpriced. My experience of Ned's was slop with no taste whatsoever (1 or at most 2 out of 5). To be honest I can't think of a decent Chinese delivery service in the whole of SE1.

In my opinion the best Thai delivery (and Thai restaurant) in SE1 is Thai Silk on Waterloo Road. Again a bit pricey, but hits the spot every single time - 5 out of 5. Hing Lee on Curlew Street in Shad Thames is good for chinese but won't deliver.
Monday 24 April 2006 12.52pm
Castle Tandoori in Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre is good
Monday 24 April 2006 1.06pm
Simply indian is not as good as it was and expensive for the amount even if it was good! that dont make sense!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: