Mint & Honest Cabbage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Saturday 22 February 2003 10.21am
Just wondered if anyone knew what is the latest on these two SE1 venues - any dates set for re-opening?
Saturday 22 February 2003 3.33pm
I didn't know Mint had closed. The Honest Cabbage has been on the market for a while, and will I think be reopen fairly soon - there are lots of interested buyers around.
MM
Sunday 23 February 2003 5.18pm
I hope whoever opens a restaurant on the old Honest Cabbage site makes it a drinks place as well as an eating place. It would be good if they could expand the venue a bit as well, as the old Honest Cabbage was a bit small. What about expanding upstairs for example or is that not viable? Still, hope it reopens soon.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Monday 31 March 2003 9.40am
Does anyone know if the Honest Cabbage is still on the market? If so who is dealing with the sale? There does not seem to be much happening there at the moment. Thanks
Monday 31 March 2003 10.16am
There seems to have been some activity in the Cabbage recently, some furniture has been moved around and the jars in the windows have been emptied...

Thursday 3 April 2003 4.44pm
does anyone know why mint closed or if there are any plans for the site?

Ian
Saturday 5 April 2003 12.05am
the whole mint chain just went under, the one on St John's St by Smithfields is shut too. I read somewhere a while ago that there was something similar going to open in the downstairs bit of the Shakespeare pub on the corner of Southwark St and Southwark Bridge Road, and was going to have one or two of the Mint guys involved. Not been past that way for a while so don't know if it's happened/still going to happen or not. Should be quite odd if it does, 'cos it's a pretty grim pub!
Saturday 5 April 2003 12.14am
You probably read about the Lotus Lounge in this message right here on this forum

Anyone know any more about it?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 8 April 2003 9.22pm
There is a little notice on the door of the Honest Cabbage announcing that it will reopen soon as a pub with food called "The Garrison". Looks most promising.
Wednesday 9 April 2003 11.39am
Hello everyone. My name is Adam, Clive and I are the new owners of the Honest Cabbage, we are pleased to see your comments as we are in fact doing what you seem to want from the Cabbage site. as Zoodle mentioned we are in fact calling it the Garrison and it will incorporate drinking space as well as 'honest' food much in the tradition of what the Cabbage represented. We are also opening up the basement as further trading space for functions or spill over trading space. We hope you will enjoy it when open. We are quite busy with the project at the moment as I am sure you can appreciate, and will have to keep the rest of the details as a suprise for the moment. Dare I say you are the first to know we hope to open in July as we have much work to do on the interior. But rest assured it is still privately owned, we have kept the plcs out of our lovely area for the time being. I look forward to having a pint with you all in the near future. on us.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: