Curtis Appreciation Society (CAS)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 April 2006 11.55am
I was interested to see that Curtis "the senior citizen of SE1" has made it onto the SE1 forum. Myself and some friends first met Curtis last summer, outside the Garrison...we could not believe his youthful moves and agility (for a dog of 18 years) ...not to mention his dashing good looks...quite amazing. We instantly fell in love with him, and would hold our hands to our hearts when we saw him bounding up the road on his daily walk. We then became quite distraught when we hadn't seen him around for a few weeks. My insensitive boyfriend told me "he must be dead" (a story I refused to believe) but as weeks turned into months we began to get worried. Then last weekend, out of the blue whilst at our friends (looking out over the park from their balcony) I see a cute black dog with a little grey face...Is it...could it be ??...I call out ..."Curtis?"..."is that Curtis?".....His owner stops, it's him!.....YES!... looking as young as ever, trotting along smelling the grass..alive and kicking, we were so relieved!

Anyway, I though I would start the "Curtis Appreciation Society" so that others can add their comments to show their admiration for such a great little animal who has stolen our hearts in SE1.

Long live Curtis!!
Tuesday 18 April 2006 5.59pm
What a sensational weekend all 'round, then. I also saw the grizzled old dawg running around his manor.

He's looking a bit white in the face since I last saw him (ages ago). His walk isn't so much an arthritic 'i'm the old boy of the neighbourhood' kind of walk - it's the kind of measured gait that can only come with the assurance that 'Curtis a-run 'tings' - it was a sight to behold.

Last I saw, he was sniffing after some trees and, no doubt, looking for some of his bi*ches.

Glad to see a dog so full of character out enjoying the spring weather. Sadly, it seems his pals had all gone away for the weekend.
Monday 8 October 2007 1.25am
All

The sad news reached Somerset but the memorial is a great tribute to a real character - http://www.kingcurtis.net/

Love and best

Niall
Thursday 1 November 2007 1.33am
Niall, just saw this post - thanks for your kind words. Curtis is truly missed, but I'm happy that he was able to spend his last days in a neighbourhood that loves dogs so much.

-Mark

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: