Jumble sale

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 17 April 2006 3.56pm
Does anyone know of a local jumble sale coming up soon ?

Thanks
Monday 17 April 2006 7.10pm
There' a table-top sale at St Matthew's-at-the-Elephant in Meadow Row (just off New Kent Road) on Saturday 27 May; 11am-2pm

And St Hugh's at Charterhouse in Crosby Row (near Long Lane) has a 'nearly new shop' every Wednesday:
http://www.charterhouse-in-southwark.org.uk/sthughs.htm

I'm sure Cathy will be along shortly with the details of the next jumble sales in Kennington.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 17 April 2006 9.46pm
Best thing is the get the South London Press (or look at it in the library) and look at the Forthcoming Events section in the classified.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 7.39am
Or the Southwark and Bermondsey News.
Thursday 20 April 2006 9.34am
The next jumble sale in Kennington is not until Saturday 19th August 11am until 2pm in St Anselm's church hall at Kennington Cross SE11, where Kennington Lane and Kennington Road cross each other. I'll try to remember to post a reminder nearer the time.
Monday 7 August 2006 1.28pm
OK, here's the reminder:

Bazaar
Saturday 19th August
11am until 2pm
St Anselm's Church Hall
Kennington Cross SE11
(at the junction of Kennington Lane and Kennington Road)
New and nearly-new items, books, tombola, bric-a-brac, jumble, etc

Items can be delivered to the church hall on Friday 5.30-8pm or Saturday 9-10am

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kennington Association
c/- 235B Kennington Lane SE11 5QU
T: 020 7793 0268
kenningtonassn@aol.com
Monday 7 August 2006 3.00pm
Or drop them off with me and I will pass them on.

What Cathy fails to mention is the way the money is used to support a number of local activites including sport for young people on the Lilian Baylis site, and Tai Chi for adults. A favourite of mine is a discretionary fund where the local vicar, and maybe others, is able to disburse small sums of money to families in need. There have been several well publicised incidents in Kennington and particuarly the Ethelreds estate, and it is encouraging that these jumble sales have been able to provide practical and targetted support.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: