SEBO

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
MM
Sunday 23 February 2003 5.23pm
I see that there is a new development of flats half built at the bottom end of Tower Bridge Road called SEBO. Its on the corner of Leroy Street. From my previous rants in other parts of this forum, people will know that I think this is exactly the sort of redevelopment this end of town needs. Hopefully, along with the jamfac, will raise the quality of the shopping experience on Tower Bridge Road, by attracting a better range of small businessmen looking to exploit the wealth of the incumbents. Cue a whole load of comments about "don't be stupid these people never shop locally".

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Sunday 23 February 2003 5.33pm
Is this what the scaffolding is above the old mincab office? any more info?

Sunday 23 February 2003 6.29pm
Just found this: http://www.rialtohomes.co.uk/devsebointroduction.asp

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 24 February 2003 7.39am
some great estate agent speak from the website...

...Walk a few blocks north west of SEBO and you are in the heart of its near namesake SOBO (South of Borough). A bustling quarter just south of the river, SOBO has become one of the capital's newest up and coming areas...

anyone know any more crazy areas that just dont exist?
Monday 24 February 2003 7.39am
some great estate agent speak from the website...

...Walk a few blocks north west of SEBO and you are in the heart of its near namesake SOBO (South of Borough). A bustling quarter just south of the river, SOBO has become one of the capital's newest up and coming areas...

anyone know any more crazy areas that just dont exist?

Monday 24 February 2003 11.14am
Totally agree with MM

Tower Bridge Road needs to be revamped, we do live there, we do shop locally but would love some more variety and up and coming places more in keeping with what is despite the estate agents speak a very desireable place to be.

A few decent shops apart from the multitude of convenience stores (7 at last count) would be nice, a place for coffee (unethical but good coffee is good coffee) and something similar to Simon Tanner would be wonderful.

didn't someone say that Soutwark are unsympathetic to this type of revamp on Tower Bridge Road as would 'alter the character of the place... blah blah but so would the multitude of developments they gave consent to..

Dave(id)
Monday 24 February 2003 11.53am
I know it's not exactly Tower Bridge Road, but I noticed one of the buildings at the southern end of Bermondsey Street has a change of use application lodged with Southwark council - from offices to a bar/ restaurant and retail space. Southwark's notice says this will alter the character of the street, but I would hope it would be in a good way, rather than detrimental. At least it shows Southwark is now considering applications for change of use...
Monday 24 February 2003 3.37pm
Don't tell me someone at Southwark is awake to the fact that the area is changing?

All I can do is look back and see how much the area has changed in the last 5 years.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: