SE1 Buffet venue

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 3.40pm
Hi there
I have to find a venue for a buffet/sit down dinner for around 30 people with a bit of atmosphere- (some of the guests don't know each other) preferably in the SE1 area.
I have a strict budget for this but I want it to be good quality food with a couple of bottles of wine thrown in. I have said possibly a buffet as this will keep costs down.
Can anyone recommend anywhere?
Thanks
Sarah
Tuesday 18 April 2006 4.06pm
We recently had a small work buffet-type thing at the Wine Wharf - we had the 12.50 per head buffet menu and the food was really good. Not sure whether that's the kind of atmosphere you're after (we had a part of the mezzanine floor, which has skylights so was quite bright till the sun went down) it seemed a v relaxed place, but that might have been due to the freely-flowing wine... The wine was quite expensive, that was the only bad point.
Tuesday 18 April 2006 5.44pm
try the Royal Oak. ivanhoe might pop in
Wednesday 19 April 2006 7.21am
I'm not sure if I'm allowed back. Apparently (I can't remember) I was a bit tired and emotional last week in the Oak. Haven't been back since, out of embarassment.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 19 April 2006 12.36pm
Try EV around the back of Southwark Tube - big restaurant, tasty food, good prices, friendly staff
Saturday 22 April 2006 11.12pm
There's a new Chinese buffet on Old Kent Road called Yummy Yummy (It's across from Tesco). Dinner costs only 6/person (excluding drinks/service), but there's a choice of over 40 dishes, apparently. I went with a few friends a few weeks ago and the food was delicious... considering the low, low cost! It's a pretty big venue so I think you can most definitely arrange for a party of 30.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: