Tales of the Cty....

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 27 February 2003 11.21am

I woke up Saturday morning 3.30am to the sound of a white Ford transit containing four men ram-raiding the parking meters in our street (the large meters that print tickets and have solar panels on top !). They then put the whole meter in the back of the van. This happened to four meters, resulting in smashed pavements and bent lamposts - not to mention parts of a stolen van left lying all over the road. The activity took about 15 mins and despite two 999 calls - the Police were not interested !

These parking meters cost about 6000 each ! Is Soutwark spending their valuable resources relacing these meters for it to happen again ? Has anyone else experienced it ?
Thursday 27 February 2003 12.24pm
that's disgraceful. did you get a registration number? I would make an issue of it with the police. Thugs like that need to be stopped. If they get away with it, they will do it again and again.
Jai
Friday 28 February 2003 12.02pm
police are not interested, as they are too busy collecting money from parking, speeding and other traffic offenders.

burglars are not pursued... drugs are being decriminalised. It's true, we should privatise the police force.

a colleague of mine rang a police office at 06:15 in the morning, and was put on hold for 10 minutes. By that time he didn't think it worth reporting the crime he witnessed.

Varkenslachter
Friday 28 February 2003 3.23pm
The police are like the UN - don't want a confrontation.

Although I guess if I was an unarmed copper I'd be a bit hesitant to go playing robocop down the Old Kent Road on a Saturday Night.

Get the name of the local Borough Commander - works wonders when dropping it in idle conversation to the control room operator at the nick.

David

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network