Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 March 2003 1.01pm
Can you believe we are finally getting a supermarket. What does everyone think? Does anyone know the opening date?

Monday 3 March 2003 2.04pm
I think it'll be more of a commuters sainsburys than a local one. I have it on good authority that it will open on March 19 th. Interestingly, J Sainsbury had his first job as a grocer just around the corner from Waterloo Rd in 1858.
Wednesday 5 March 2003 12.27pm
Also, for City folk coming back across London Bridge, you'll find a Sainsbury on Cannon Street, near London Bridge.
Thursday 6 March 2003 11.05am
And - we're getting a Marks & Spenser foody in Waterloo station main concourse - where the bagel/coffee place used to be, which is nice.
Friday 7 March 2003 4.51pm
excellent, things are looking up!
AND one in borough high street...?
Wednesday 12 March 2003 8.56am
WHEN is m and s opening in waterloo ? ?
Sunday 16 March 2003 1.03am
This is indeed an exciting new development.

No more treks to Moorgate for an M&S foodstore and with a Sainsbury's round the corner, Tesco in E&C will finally become a distant memory!

Friday 21 March 2003 7.11pm

Monday 24 March 2003 8.57am
yep it is handy, but not at the expense of the nice deli, the various market stalls, the curry-mobile & the health food store on lower marsh!! here's hoping they don't get people preferring the over packaged sainsbury's sandwiches over nice homemade ones!
Monday 24 March 2003 9.46am
Rory - what's your problem about everyone being interested in new supermarkets in SE1??
If you don't find people's posts interesting, ya don't have to read them you know.
There are some people out there (me included) who are dead happy about maybe not having to go to Tescos on the Old Kent Road anymore.....
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: