looking for staff

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 7 March 2003 11.38am
Has anyone on here had experience of recruiting staff for their own business? or does anyon know of someone who is looking for work?

Our business is expanding much quicker than we thought, mainly due to press coverage we have had in the last few months and we now need to look at taking on some extra staff, but we know from bitter experience that it's a bit of a minefield.

We are looking to take on a couple of people initially short term but more than likely permanent but don't know where to start looking, I'm not sure of the pro's and con's of agencies, advertising, the job centre etc.

Ideally we are looking for flexable, honest people who don't mind mucking in and getting involved in all aspects of our work, ideally living in or near SE1.

so if anyone out there knows of anyone or can point us in a helpful direction please get in touch - thanks!!!!!

paul@live-smarter.co.uk
Friday 7 March 2003 4.51pm
What sort of business and what salary range?
Monday 10 March 2003 9.09am
i have often used advertising in the evening standard or the TNT has worked in the past but is expensive & over the last few years has produced poor results.

i would recommend placing a free ad on the antipodean web-site www.thegumtree.com.

you can choose from a variety of categories depending upon the type of job/person you are looking for. you get to write your ad with a many words as you like, get replies by e-mail and/or telephone & place as many ads as you like.

it costs nothing to advertise but the only downside is that you need to refresh your ad every day or two to keep it current.

i have employed several memebers of staff using this site & had no problems.

good luck!
Monday 10 March 2003 9.46pm
where I work, we only employ people we know or have worked with in the past, or people who are recommended to us. Can you do this through people you know? Going the other route is fraught with problems!!!

Another way is put up postcards in the local newsagents and give people a week's trial or whatever you decide. There are tons of able bodied and competent staff needing work in the area. what type of work is it, what are the hours, and what type of salary will you be paying?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: