Village Pizza

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 7 March 2003 3.31pm
I've seen evidence (pizza delivery moped) of there being a Village Pizza around the area somewhere - does anyone know where they are?
Sunday 9 March 2003 5.07pm
I've had one of their leaflets thrust through my door:

230 Old Kent Road, SE1 5UB
020 7708 2255

Are they any good? I wonder why places think pizzas can withstand being driven miles and miles...

c.
Monday 10 March 2003 8.59am
i don't know about Village Pizza but i recently discovered 'cucina' by recommendation by a neighbour.

probably the best pizza i have ever had...including any restaurant i've been to. proper thin stone baked base with authentic toppings. they also offer good salads, beer & wine too!

they are a bit more expensive but definately worth trying if you something far superior than the normal delivered 'pizza'.

they are based locally (off tooley street apparently) but are delivery only (i tried to book a table but they don't have any!)

their telephone number is 020 7407 1515 or they have a web-site: www.pizzecucina.co.uk
R
Monday 10 March 2003 10.41am
The best takeaway pizza around here is Captain Tony's based just behind Butlers Wharf. Very reasonable, reliable and very tasty! Their number is 020 7378 7373.
Monday 10 March 2003 11.23am
no disrespect 'R' but i have had captain tonys pizza before & it doesn't even come close to the pizza's i have had from cucina!

captain's tonys pizza's are not authentic italian style pizza's but the more common/poor quality 'american' version.

but i guess it depends on taste/personal choice!

maybe you should try cucina's & then we can continue the discussion?!
Monday 10 March 2003 1.18pm
where is cucina's based?

j.
Monday 10 March 2003 3.22pm
I would ask that contributors to this thread (and the forum in general) are honest about their affiliations (if any) to the businesses they write about.

This forum is intended to be a useful space for people who live or work locally to exchange views and ideas. It is undermined if people abuse it for commercial purposes without being honest about it.

James

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 12 March 2003 8.54am
jules you blatantly work for that pizza company you so love !
Sunday 16 March 2003 6.58pm
Tried Cucina for the first time. superb.
Monday 17 March 2003 10.46am
I had the seafood pizza from Cucina last night, accompanied by the rocket and parmesan salad. It was a-mazing. Delivered hot, fresh, and was totally delicious. Top class pizza, with top class service too. I have never tasted a takeaway pizza like it, and even restaurants would be hard pushed to compete.

So thanks for mentioning it on the forum - wouldn't have found it otherwise ! !
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network