Bookcases in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 26 April 2006 10.03am
We have three bookcases which are looking for new homes, preferably with SE1-forumers. If you need a bookcase and would be willing to come and collect, PM me off forum for photos, sizes etc.

(Hope this is SE1 specific James.)
Wednesday 26 April 2006 12.57pm
Does this mean that you are finally leaving us. Just physically I hope, not virtually.

When are you going?

Wednesday 26 April 2006 1.45pm
iam interested,how can i know their sizes and photos plz?
Wednesday 26 April 2006 6.05pm

Yes, after almost 20 years in Tanner St I am leaving London and moving to Somerset. I have to admit to feeling like the old guard hereabouts (Bermondsey St has become sooooo 20something) and I'm not sure if I'll be a virtual presence - ghosts are rarely welcome at any feast.

Now that the move is imminent (Saturday) I'm having real doubts about going. The buzz of the 'city that never sleeps' is addictive and it just won't be the same in Somerset. But against that, there won't be the distractions although I have to say that I've already crossed swords with the Town Council over a planning application (made by one of the councillors) and their response was parochial to say the least. So I'm going to try and focus on creative things and leave the local politics to the local politicians - they deserve one another.

I am happy to be leaving something of substance behind and that is the building at 3 Tanner Street. Belinda and I had never undertaken a renovation before and it ended up being English Heritage's first grant support in the area. I hope that I'll be able to come back in years to come and see it remaining true to its 1838 heritage.

Regards and best wishes

Wednesday 26 April 2006 6.31pm
All the best to you both, enjoy Zomerzet, it is really gorgeous and I'm sure you'll be thrilled once you're there. And of course you can always come back. Good luck!
Thursday 27 April 2006 10.42am
Sure you wouldn't want to come along to Brixton tonight to support another member of the old guard - my husband is probably up to 18 years in the area, and me about 12 - do battle on the planning front.

It might help convince you that you do want to leave it all behind......

But it sounds like a big move and a big adventure. I hope it all goes well.

Thursday 27 April 2006 1.34pm
You missed a great chance to prepare for moving to Somerset..... could have made cider with us

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 27 April 2006 1.45pm

Sorry, I'm the Scot who doesn't drink, 18 years and counting. But have one for me.

Thursday 27 April 2006 2.54pm
Are you sure Somerset is the right place for you, Niall? ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 27 April 2006 9.42pm
hi I am intrested in the bookcases and will like to see photos and sizes
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: