Photo developing - film

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 29 April 2006 7.15am
Has anyone had any non-digital photos developed recently? If so, can you recommend a developer in SE1? I had a film developed yesterday and am not overly impressed with the results: all of the pictures look really grainy, as if they've been printed out on a low resolution printer. Of course, that could be down to the film I was using, but I'd like to get copies developed from the negatives before blaming the film...
Sunday 30 April 2006 5.40pm
I've heard that the chemist/pharmacy on Borough High Street makes good prints. Might be worth a try.
Tuesday 2 May 2006 6.29pm
Try Boots in Lower Marsh - or at the Elephant & Castle shopping centre. It may seem an odd recommendation, but they use a Kodak lab and I have always had good results from them
Tuesday 2 May 2006 9.44pm
i am sure there was on old thread on this, but i can't find it.

have you tried snapy snaps london bridge?
i have developed numerous films there, and they were always pretty ok. if the colouriung was off i told them and they reprinted them.

depending on the film you used, or if it was severely underexposed, the grain could be explained.
hope this hepls.
Wednesday 3 May 2006 6.55am
Colourama? or Colorama did have a place opposite the borough polytechnic, cant think of the name of the street, I think they actually developed them there. a small trade counter where you could hand them in. just looked in directory 61 webber street, 7261 1082
Wednesday 3 May 2006 10.53am
Snappy snaps are the best by far - the london bridge brach is good, but the wardour st and air st, in w1 are even better. I'm speaking as someone with a professional interest in photography...buut with no connection etc
Hat
Wednesday 3 May 2006 8.09pm
I agree snappy snaps are good - i had a film developed by them, and to my amazement when I went to pick it up, THEY told ME that they hadn't been happy with the result, so had reprinted them, and then gave me both sets so I could pick and choose from them. Great service, they'll definitely be getting my business again. No connections etc etc
Wednesday 3 May 2006 8.12pm
Thanks for the suggestions. Snappy Snaps is where I had the film processed originally, but I think I'll go back and tell them that I'm not happy with the results and see if they'll reprint the pics.
Anonymous User
Wednesday 3 May 2006 10.38pm
I work beside Air Street if you want to try that one I'll drop them in

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: