Cornwall Club, Cornwall Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 4 May 2006 3.25pm
it's been a while since i last asked if anyone has any information on what's happening here but recently the scaffolding was taken down which suggests absolutely nothing is happening in the near future. is there an outstanding planning application i can reference somewhere?
Friday 5 May 2006 8.44pm
The underpinning is going to cost a lot more then was projected. So maybe the builders have pulled. No doubt it will be yuppie flats within no time............................
Saturday 3 February 2007 12.16am
lagse1 wrote:
it's been a while since i last asked if anyone has any information on what's happening here but recently the scaffolding was taken down which suggests absolutely nothing is happening in the near future. is there an outstanding planning application i can reference somewhere?

I'm still trying to find out what's happening with this derelict site. I've looked at the lambeth planning site but all the planning applications are out of date. Any clues?
Thursday 16 September 2010 4.40pm
just wondering if anyone has any fresh insight on this development? it's a great site, can't understand why it's not been developed yet...
Tuesday 27 November 2012 5.08pm
I agree - and it's scandalous that it's remained derelict for so long.

Should be subject to compulsory purchase for community use (even demolishing it would look better) if the owners don't put it to good use after a certain period of time (5 years max?).

Anyone know who the owners are?
Monday 13 January 2014 3.18pm
Planning application for redevelopment:
http://planning.lambeth.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=MY9P9OBO67000

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 14 January 2014 1.23pm
James, thanks so much for posting this update. Nothing seemed to happen after it was withdrawn from Savills auction last year and continues to be a blight on Cornwall Road.
Do you happen to know if anything is happening to Ethelm House, further south down Cornwall Road - also a boarded up eyesore for years...?
Wednesday 16 April 2014 3.58pm
The redevelopment of the Cornwall Club is on the agenda for the next Lambeth planning applications committee:

http://moderngov.lambeth.gov.uk/documents/s65265/10%20Cornwall%20Road.pdf

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: