Gladstone pub

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 4 May 2006 6.22pm
Well the Gladstone pub in Lant St has shut down with signs in the windows saying it has been taken over by new management. As the departing owners only survived there 9 months it will be interesting to see how they intend to make it pay.........putting it back to how it used to be for years would be a start, as it was packed every night then !
Friday 5 May 2006 2.33am
A case of "If it aint broke ...". Mark, presciently (spelling?) you posed the question about how long it would take to close down - that was on 2nd March. You should have gone to your local Ladbrokes.
Friday 5 May 2006 12.46pm
Not before time... karaoke well after 11pm is not a good way to endear yourself to the neighbours!
Friday 5 May 2006 1.02pm
they 'ad karaoke? i luv karaoke, trouble is there are so few good ones about...apparently bar 242 blackfriars have one the last wednesday in the month, i'm gonna drag my daughter there!
Friday 5 May 2006 1.21pm
Jan have you tried the Town House?? They have karaoke on a Friday night.
Friday 5 May 2006 1.33pm
Jan,

If you sort a karaoke night, I'll come. Only problem is that you'll have to fight me for the microphone after about the second cider.

Or we could do a duet. How's your "Islands in the stream"?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 5 May 2006 1.33pm
Pops we went there once and it was a disco style karaoke and was a bit chaotic, that was about six months ago unless the guy who's doing the karaoke has changed....but as i say i luv the 'K' word, it's really good innocent fun even if i cant sing!
Friday 5 May 2006 1.41pm
the white bear did have karaoke on either a friday or saturday

doesn't the Beehive have it as well?
Friday 5 May 2006 1.52pm
Beehive - ah, remember Mari Wilson 'Just what I always wanted'. Class.
Friday 5 May 2006 1.52pm
I'll phone the white bear DeeDee the beehive have it but i dont want to do any one out of business but it's a bit didgy, i mean dodgy! the girl who does it is very nice but just starting out i think...Ivanhoe your on for that one! islands in the stream practice coming up....ear plugs essential! I'm on a good karaoke hunt!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: