Tower Bridge Closure Last Night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 5 May 2006 4.02pm
Anyone know what happened to Tower Bridge last night?

When I tried to cross, there was a large crowd and one guy said he'd been waiting for 20 minutes.

The bridge was then re-opened to pedestrians but as I supped my pint in the Bridgehouse, the road was gridlocked. Cars didn't start moving for another 45 mins or so.
Saturday 6 May 2006 8.21am
Have you forgotten - it doesn't like the heat!
Saturday 6 May 2006 9.50am
When i went past last night there were loads of people around on rollerblades, some towing a hifi system and the rest with glosticks, whistles and lights etc. It could have been an unofficial party on the bridge? which caused the police to close the road?
Anonymous User
Saturday 6 May 2006 9.51am
That was the Friday night skate - they take a different route each Friday.
Saturday 6 May 2006 10.33am
You know, Fish on a Friday ...
ADT
Monday 8 May 2006 8.24am
I didn't realise the skaters got all the way over here - I've only ever seen them in the west end before.
ADT
Monday 8 May 2006 8.28am
Now checked out their website (should have done it prior to my original post really!) apparently the one on Friday was an extra long 5th anniversary skate - a massive 22 mile marathon.

http://www.thefns.com/next_route.html

I wish I'd known - they are quite a sight to see in full flow.
Anonymous User
Monday 8 May 2006 8.29am
They often come this far & stop off at the Elusive Camel. They are a sight to behold in full swing!
Monday 8 May 2006 12.28pm
More swingers in SE1! Ken should be told!

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 8 May 2006 12.36pm
Tower Bridge is popular because it is a big attraction plus it is now the tourist season. Tower Bridge is popular because it is part of The Ring road and if you use it you don't pay Mayor Ken 8 to go about your business. Tower Bridge is now extremely popular because of the closure of Rotherhithe Tunnel for several weeks for repairs. Anyone planning to use it, whether during congestion charging hours or not, would do well to leave 30 minutes earlier than usual. I did not hear one word about any closure although I did witness an accident involving a motorist and a motorcyclist on Sunday around 2pm. This resulted in Tower Bridge being closed off on the western side whilst the ambulance people cleaned up. Be careful, hey!!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: