Dragon Castle - Walworth Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 7 May 2006 11.54am
OK it's in SE17, not SE1, but this massive new Chinese restaurant deserves a plug on this forum if only for it's spectacular interior in authentic Chinese style. The food when we went was pretty good too and reasonably priced. Check it out!
Sunday 7 May 2006 4.24pm
Well you certainly cant miss it,it's HUGE....glad to know the food is OK, will be patronising asap.
Sunday 7 May 2006 10.31pm
I used to live in the building above, they have been working on that place for bleedin' ever.

Have there been any proper reviews yet?
Thursday 8 June 2006 12.40pm
I can answer my own question. There were good reviews in both Time Out and Metro, and I am going tomorrow night:

http://www.timeout.com/london/restaurants/reviews/8924.html

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/restaurants/articles/22688238?source=Evening%20Standard
Tuesday 13 June 2006 2.16pm
I went there last week. Three of us were put on a table for two which was unnecessary since the place was half empty. We ordered our food, and after ten minutes my friend was told they had run out of the dish she ordered. The food when it came was fine, but the service a little desultory. The desserts are just the usual awful instant things, nothing made in-house. We had starters, main course, two rice dishes with, half a bottle of sake and some tea, came to 70 odd for three.

http://barcelonavisit.com
Holiday flat in Barcelona
Thursday 21 September 2006 12.31pm
Tony & I had dimsum last Saturday lunch which was delicious (and I'm an expert on Chinese grub!) 20 for 2 and we ate LOADS! Service was OK.
Thursday 21 September 2006 1.21pm
Have now been to Dragon Castle for dim sum and for dinner - excellent food and very reasonable prices. Staff have been very pleasant and efficient on my visits - the contrast with Chinatown couldn't be greater.
Thursday 21 September 2006 7.15pm
They are excellent for dim sum- great value and very nicely presented.
Sunday 24 September 2006 9.17pm
So we went this evening, (Juanita, Tatti, Mauritz and me and Juanita's friend,) and it was a nice place, very attractive and classy (for around here) and we thought VERY EXPENSIVE. 30 a head is lots of money. The food was OK, not outstanding, just OK. But lovely to see everyone and we had a fun evening.
Sunday 24 September 2006 9.50pm
The dim sum served from about 12 to 4 or 5 is much better value. I had three lots of dim sum today (masses for one) with some tea and it was under 8 and very good indeed, i.e. the prawn dim sum had real whole prawns rather than the mashed up rather suspect things often found in dim sum. A while ago I took two people out for dinner there and I found it good but it was as you say, 30 a head, same price as a very expensive West End chinese place.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: