Trinity Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 8 May 2006 6.55am
Last night a People Mover crashed through the barrier . The vehicle continued on its journey but left behind its bumper and number plate. It appears it went down Falmouth Road , Harper Road and then onto New Kent Road. The mess it left behind was incredible, the police were called but yet again they failed to come (I'm stil waiting for them following my breakin 3 weeks ago). They could have caught the driver if they came out ,who knows he may of been a drunk driver.
The council came out and put barriers round the debris but unfortunately it has made it difficullt for bikers/cyclist to get through.
My question is why is it so hard for the police to attend when 999 is called?
Monday 15 May 2006 1.21pm
Well, the freshly laid tarmac on Trinity Street didn't last long!

I walked along Trinity Street this morning as two workmen began drilling/sawing/grinding their way through the shiny black surface.

If the crash prone people mover returns, it will need to watch which barriers it crashes through or it will end up in a freshly dug hole.....
Monday 15 May 2006 1.30pm
you have the number plate - the vehicle can be traced (by the police obviously), and see if it has been reported as stolen.
Monday 15 May 2006 1.50pm
I walked down Tr St this weekend, and didn't notice anything!

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 15 May 2006 3.20pm
In yet another example of joined-up thinking betewwe the local authority and the statutory services; the newly re-tarmacced Trinity Street has had not one, but two utilities digging holes!
First it was Thames Water with a three foot deep metre square hole by the motorcycle bays and now a huge trench outside Shaftsbury House, courtesy of Critish gas.
Welcome to third world Britain!

Glodge
Monday 15 May 2006 3.21pm
that was supposed to read British Gas

Glodge
Monday 15 May 2006 3.45pm
Gas in the trenches!

...if you press it, they will come.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network