Sainsbury's Local in Borough High St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 18 March 2003 12.56pm
There's a reference to a Sainsbury's Local opening in Borough High Street in "early summer" on a related story on this site about a new Sainsbury's Local opening soon near to Waterloo.

Is this true?!!? Is Sainsbury's coming to Borough High Street?! Does this mean no more trips to Costcutter?!
Tuesday 18 March 2003 8.16pm
Wanted to know if there really is a Sainsbury's local opening in Borough high street or just the one in Waterloo road.

can anyone advise?

Tuesday 18 March 2003 8.36pm
As these two posts asked the same question, I have merged the thread.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 18 March 2003 11.46pm
i have some inside info that a supermarket will be opening on borough high street on the site south of union street, as i recall the conversation it was sainsburys, in fact i probaly started the rumour. it will deffo be a supermarket anyway, although i hope it is kwik save
Wednesday 19 March 2003 12.44am
I think SE1 is too posh a post-code to warrant a "kwik save", though admittedly there are quite a few Costcutters/cornershops which serve a similar purpose in the area.

Wednesday 19 March 2003 12.47am
Costcutter and Kwik-Save prices are hardly comparable though!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 21 March 2003 7.03pm
Dear Nick

Once Sainsbury Local turms up you will then have to look forward to something else - any idea, yet, whatit might be ?

( although I'm sure you'll let us all know)

Yawn Yawn
Wednesday 26 March 2003 5.57pm
Rory

At first, I thought I would not respond to your petty email.

However, on further reflection, it concerns me that you seem genuinely ignorant to the significance and importance of having a major league supermarket open in the area.

How can you ignore the benefits of the new investment in the locality; the jobs it will bring; and the message of confidence that is sent out about the area to other potential developers/ residents?

You must be very lonely on Planet Rory...(!)

Nick
MB
Wednesday 7 May 2003 9.06am
Walking up Borough High St this morning I noticed some placards stating "Sainsburys Local Coming Soon". It seems that the news item/rumour was correct.
MM
Wednesday 7 May 2003 10.06am
I vowed I would never post anything about Supermarkets on this website ever again. But having just proved to the world that I am sad enough to spend my life pondering the difference between grey cameras and black cameras on the New Kent Road (see other posting), I thought I might as well be in for a penny, in for a pound.

If you want real supermarket bargains in SE1, check out either the liquor selection or the whole-walnut icecream in Lidyl Supermarket (Old Kent Road). You can make the best cocktails in the world, for a mere 1.99, and that includes the whole-walnut icecream, bottles of liquor and mixers. The whole-walnut icecream is, for my money, better than anything from Ben and Jerrys.

Admittedly, some of the stock is truly hideous, but my weekly shopping bill rarely fails to give me change for a tenner.

God, I really am very very sad indeed.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: