Southwark Cars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 9 May 2006 10.30pm
........No I'm far too angry to post sensibly now.
Watch this space
Wednesday 10 May 2006 6.14am
1. They didn't turn up
2. They turned up late after many calls
3. You were overcharged
4. The driver had no knowledge of London
5. You were assaulted by the driver
6. You were in an accident and the driver had no insurance
7. The previous passenger had been sick and you sat in a pool of vomit
8. Several of the above.
9. None of the above

Good grief! Is that the time.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 8.22am
I have to say I've always found them pretty good.
Apart from late one Sun evening when we requested a car from London Bridge to Bermondsey St!
Laden down with trinkets from our honeymoon in Morocco they said a car would be along in 10 minutes but was it never to be seen. A black cab finally showed up so we grabbed it.

As is usual with many cab drivers, some talk too much, insist on having their music on etc.
Good value if you need to go/picked up from Heathrow.
I'd particularly recommend one chap by the name of Gary who is an ardent Liverpool fan although he may not be with the firm anymore.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 10.43am
they annoyed me recently too when i needed a cab at 4.40am - to get the gatwick express at 5am...they didn't turn up til 4.55, after 2 phone calls and drove like billio to get me to the train for 5.15. good thing i'd built possible delays into the journey, but standing outside waiting wasn't much fun!
Wednesday 10 May 2006 11.57am
Generally my experience is good. However, we ordered a taxi to pick us up from Heathrow after a long journey from the US and they did not turn up. Rather annoying but they did have a driver on his way to the airport, so they managed to improvise.
Wednesday 10 May 2006 12.51pm
Very good except the one time they didnt wait when they were outside when my wife was giving birth and needed a cab for the hospital...
Wednesday 10 May 2006 3.26pm
So it seems that everyone who has used them has been let down at some time or other, and in most cases when it was fairly crucial...?!

I can't say they will be at the top of my list in the future!

Regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 10 May 2006 5.17pm
i only use elephant cabs..7703 0134
Wednesday 10 May 2006 8.59pm
I wonder what bmovie has to say...
Thursday 11 May 2006 7.41am
I can recommend Cleveland the builder at Alaska in emergencies, who offerred and took my wife mid contraction amongst the spirit levels and tools in the back of his Mondeo Estate. We had a girl but even then was tempted to give her Clevelend as a cool middle name. What a star.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: