Southwark Cars

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Rags Tuesday 21 August 2007 12.55am
Big thumbs up for Addison Lee. And Waterloo cars are always very pleasant.
Zappomatic Tuesday 21 August 2007 7.41pm
Used London Cars on London Road a couple of times and they've been very prompt.
gerardi Wednesday 22 August 2007 12.20pm
I used to use them regularly and found their service great. They came quickly and I found them helpful on the phone. Having said that it has been a few years since I called, so perhaps their service has gone down hill.

@ernibug - yes you're right, they are good for heathrow, especially if there is a group of you travelling - my driver showed me some amazing short cuts. Again, that was a few years ago.

No connection etc - I just thought I'd put a word in for the good service I got from them every weekend for a few years. (Maybe it was being a regular)
mister Wednesday 22 August 2007 12.44pm
have used southwark cabs 3 times now, and they have been greatall taxis orderd for mates and they said they were fab.... funny! , much cheaper and better time keeping than 'dockhead cabs'
jo green Wednesday 22 August 2007 5.29pm
I like Downtown Cars, I used them a few times from tesco surrey quays where they have a free phone, now I always use them, pretty good and reliable. My mum and dad like them when they are visiting from up north, they use a lot of cabs when they are here as mum can`t walk well. The only other service I ever use is Zingo if I want a black cab
yas Thursday 23 August 2007 4.00pm
I have a soft spot for Southwark Cars. I have used them for about 10 years now and I have personally never had any major problems with them (the odd late arrival or non-arrival). I don't think i have ever had the same driver in all this time so I guess there is a big turn-over. They have my number logged into their system so when i call they know my name. Which is a nice touch of good customer service I think. Not something that happens enough around here...

However, whenever I've had to call Southwark Cars to pick up friends from my place to take them home, there's a 25% chance that the next day my friends will have a story to tell: Driver didn't have sat nav or an A-Z, ripped them off, ran out of fuel with no money, dropped them off in the middle of Isle of Dogs, told them to get out of the car (admitedly on 1st Jan 2000)... My advise is always ask "How much will is cost" when you book the car and be sure you know the directions to where you are going. I've learned this through my friends the hard way!

Thought for the day: Is there anywhere in SE1 where customer service is actually getting better?
The Mapmaker Friday 24 August 2007 11.58am
So, Bert88uk, do you have any connection with this cab firm? Or do you get such good service because you are the owner?

Strange topic for your first and only post - but I am sure you will have a good reason.
jeje75014 Friday 24 August 2007 12.20pm
I use ComCard regularly. They're pricey, but have always been on time, drivers very courteous and know their way around London. Downside is sometimes when you call them they don't bother picking up (esp. on Sunday evening), and they don't take cash advance bookings.
Used also Express National Carriers. They're also quite good, cheaper than ComCab on long distances, but I have to say that twice in a row the car turned up late, which could have made me miss my flight had the flight been not delayed itself!
sweeties Wednesday 29 August 2007 1.06pm
I tried to book a car with Southwark cars for the following morning at 6.30am and they just said no we can't do that, there's no one here that early and put the phone down.

I use Express National Cars now, even though actually the first time I booked them I wan't very impressed at all! I booked the night before for a 6.30am pick up to take me to Kings Cross to catch a train - they call me at 6.15am to say that the driver booked for my journey had an emergency and wouldn't be able to make it, and there was no one else in the area. Luckily they called as early as they could, and I managed to call another company, but I was a bit stressed that morning!

Now I have an account with Express and use them whenever I need a minicab.
Osamede Tuesday 4 September 2007 10.51am
My experience with Southwarks cars was that they could be decent at times. That said, I lived about two blocks from their office.

On the other hand, Southwark Cars DID have a higher than expected rate of severe lateness, or as has been described, curt or even rude response from the person answering the phones.

Problem is, I couldnt find any black car company nearby nearby that was better that Southwark Cars. The one further north at the top of Tower Bridge Rd is worse - they almost never had cars when I called, prompting me to wonder if they were drug front or soemthing, and others didnt do any better.

Waterloo cars was decent but they generally take a while to get there if you live around Tower Bridge Rd,
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions