Traffic on Tower Bridge Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 17 May 2006 11.35am
Does anybody know the reason for the huge traffic on Tower Bridge Road, especially during rush-hours. And more important, if a road work, when is it expected to be back to normal? Seems to be a problem in the last few days...
Wednesday 17 May 2006 11.40am
rotherhithe tunnel is closed for another week or so.....traffic is queueing to go over tower bridge..it's amazing how much traffic that little old tunnel takes!
Wednesday 17 May 2006 2.57pm
we're currently in week 2 of proposed 3 weeks work (maintenance on gas pipes)
Friday 19 May 2006 9.23am
I can't understand why they allow Tower Bridge to be raised during the morning rush hour....especially whilst Rotherhithe tunnel is closed. The tailback this morning was nearly as far down as Bermondsey Sq!
Friday 19 May 2006 9.29am
Chris if a vessel was passing they may have had to catch the tide at the right height.
Friday 19 May 2006 9.42am
True...but I guess its a balance of priorities! I think traffic flow into London during rush hour is more important than a single vessel wishing to pass through.
Friday 19 May 2006 10.15am
Depends probably Chris how important the bod was on it! perhaps they had no parking space, i mean moorings free!
Friday 19 May 2006 10.21am
At rush hour, the traffic on TBR has been stretched back to the Bricklayers Arms most of this week. It has blocked the roundabout and made the Eastbound New Kent Road a bus parking zone. It has also severely impacted the frequency of the buses heading back into town, causing overcrowding and delays.

And despite this, no traffic police, no changing of the traffic lights to allow traffic to reach the Old Kent Road and no decision by TfL to allow the buses to skip the Bricklayers Arms stops and use the flyover instead.

Just a huge queue of traffic waiting to join the long tailback on Tower Bridge Road.
Friday 19 May 2006 2.09pm
allowing busses to skip the stops, and the roundabout, and use the flyover, is a fantastic idea!

i would imagine though, that as the flyover is quite exposed, there could be a chance of buses being blown over? maybe?
Friday 19 May 2006 4.15pm
the x53 used to do it - pretty scary if you were at the front of the top deck...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network