CRAP Bus Drivers !

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 21 March 2003 6.58pm
It is my view that most buses are driven by certifiable cretins.

It is for this reason I stay off the buses. I have seen people and prams knocked over in buses due to an irresponsible half-wit driver choosing to break at the very last moment in an empty bus lane.

On the journeys I do take, I have had to remonstrate with the driver about his or her erratic, inconsiderate, who-gives-a-f mode of driving on about 50% of the journeys. The driver response to my remonstration is nearly always a surprised expression resembling a guppy fish in a badly fitting uniform, closely followed by furtive checks to see if I'm in ‘video-shot' to be later followed by a blasting of the horn as the bus lurches erratically past me down the bus lane after I've alighted. I had one particularly interesting cretin driver who took it on himself to transport himself, the bus and its 90 passengers at 3mph along the bus lane while blasting his horn at me !

The problem is twofold:

1) The drivers do not give a toss about providing a decent public transport service.
2) The buses are so easy to drive- with automatic everything - it takes zero effort to lurch and spew them around the roads to the huge discomfort of their passengers. This would not be possible on routmasters due to the degree of skill needed as prerequisite to driving.

The bus operators should travel on their own buses and remove drivers who are incapable of socially, practically and safely integrating with the travelling public and other road users.
Friday 21 March 2003 7.43pm
I have a sense of deja vu....
Saturday 22 March 2003 10.57pm
I agree wholeheartedly with your bus driver analogy Roy!
I am getting increasing upset with bus drivers who seem to want to propel me and all other passenres along tooley street at breakneck speed. They drive erratically too fast, thus breaking too hard all the time, accellerate, accellerate, thats all they do! No consideration for pedestrians or bike riders. Only the otherday I tried to take the number 1 from grange road to oxford street.After waitinf 15 minutes one finally came, when we reached the elephant and castle, for some reason, without warning the bus driver took it upon himself to turn around and go back where he had just come! completely reversing the route when the front of the bus clearly said new oxford street! Upon challenging the cretin for this, i was ejected from the bus and dumped on the new kent road very, very late and very unhappy!

morons, the whole lot of them!
Monday 24 March 2003 10.27am
No it's ok Lady Miss, perhaps Rory has a slow stutter caused by the overwhelming excitement of being able to shop locally in the near future :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: