Recommendation for Curtain Maker Please

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Wednesday 17 May 2006 5.40pm
...can anyone recommend a good local curtain maker please - need curtains for The Heirs' (not the spares') new bedroom pdq

Cheers
Thursday 18 May 2006 5.34am
The Curtain Exchange is in North London, but well worth the journey. They have an enormous collection of fabrics- none over GBP 6.99, which is extraordinary as they stock very high quality material-Designers Guild, Sandersons etc. and can even order in (possibly more expensively). I wasn't buying childrens' stuff, but I'm sure they had dozens of different rolls. They also make up curtains in one week- again very cheaply, and can use insulating, light blocking liners etc. We had a thick, wool front door curtain, thermally lined and two double patio door sets in thick cotton velvet, again thermally lined for about GBP350. They are at www.curtainfactoryoutlet.co.uk Tel 0208 492 0093. It's definitely worth the treck- there's even a Waitrose next door.
Thursday 18 May 2006 6.29am
I bought some in Asda OKR, they are really nice.
Thursday 18 May 2006 6.49am
Fox's in East Street market, been there years...
Thursday 18 May 2006 9.40am
I have a friend who makes curtains from home - for posh interior design shops, and individual clients. If you want her details please pm me,

Hat
Friday 19 May 2006 9.48am
I have used a place in Battersea for curtain cleaning and alterations a lot. They know what they are doing and might well also make up curtains.

Cant remember the name but it is a big (3 unit) dry cleaners on York Road Battersea,. Essentially where Battersea Park Road becomes York Road at the junction on Falcon Road and Battersea High St.

Lucky heirs. William Morris or Thomas Tank? Or are you acknowledging the Celia Birtwell revival.
Friday 19 May 2006 4.22pm
Thanks to all.

I think the chosen style is likely to be Cath Kidston meets Charlie and Lola. I'm just glad they're not going to be in my room!

Regards,

Loafer
Wednesday 14 January 2009 3.10pm
I make bespoke, made to measure curtains, and can advise on where to buy good value fabrics etc. My labour charges are far lower than the major department stores, and also most internet companies (due to low overheads) and I do not charge for hanging. If anyone would like further information, please get in touch with me via this site.

Emma.
Wednesday 11 February 2009 9.08pm
Emma,

Please drop me a line to my email ASAP with information on your curtain service.

Mark
N10
Friday 20 February 2009 2.46pm
Hi I offer a full custom made curtain making service with my fabrics or yours ,i can give a no obligation quote and orders are delivered via courier ,this takes approx 10-15 working days from ordering ,you can view my website at www.curtainsndrapes.co.uk ,or just send me a message ,i have 100% customer satisfaction
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: