Village East - late opening

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 18 May 2006 6.02pm
Hi

As many of you are aware we recently applied for a variation on the times of our permitted hours of opening and after careful consideration Southwark Council have elected to alter our hours.

From this week, therefore, we will be open until 1.30am on Friday and Saturday nights only.

The licensing body has reached its decision based on a number of restrictions and guidelines that we ourselves have provided. These points were given in order to answer several specific issues raised by local residents who chose to make representation to our application.

With this in mind it has been, and continues to be our intention to behave responsibly as licensees and maintain positive relations with our neighbours, specifically those on Bermondsey Street and Newhams Row.

We are delighted to be the first venue on Bermondsey Street to be granted a late license. It is a really exciting time for the area and, given the type of establishment we have created, it can only further the high level of local regeneration that has been so evident over recent years. We hope to set a precedent for any future licensed premises in our immediate locality.

Looking forward to seeing you here soon enjoying the extended opening hours - knowing, of course, that you only have a short walk home to contend with at the end of a longer local night out…

Please feel free to contact me directly to discuss further any issues you may have - penny@villageeast.co.uk

Best wishes

Penny
Thursday 18 May 2006 9.29pm
Good communication- I really appreciate this. Well done, Village East.
Friday 19 May 2006 9.41am
Yes, well done Village East.

Were other nights applied for and rejected or was it only Friday/Saturday in the application?

I'd be in favour of late opening on other nights, particularly Thursday night - the usual evening for office nights out in the City.
Friday 19 May 2006 6.34pm
I agree, a nice message from you Penny - it's nice when businesses want to work with the locals and not against them.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: