Demolition of 1 Westminster Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6
Saturday 12 May 2007 9.24pm
I'd be interested to know how much Danielle paid for this plug.
Tuesday 29 May 2007 4.05pm
James Hatts wrote:
Exhibition about the Island Block coming up at the Building Centre next month:
http://www.parabolatrust.org/island_block.htm

However much it reads like something out of Pseud's Corner, I am feeling increasingly tempted by the closing event:

30 June, 2 - 4 pm: music event in collaboration with two musicians with extensive experience in sound sculpture and working with visual artists, Hildegard Kleeb and Roland Dahinden, who will perform pieces inspired by the geometry and location of the building, and will sonically explore and ‘revive' the dimensions and spaces of this lost built space.
Wednesday 30 May 2007 8.02am
Cynics both!

I am pretty ignorant about art. A member of the "I know what I like" school. And so far nothing Danielle has proposed has appealed enough to get me along - even when a free glass of wine is involved.

However I do like the idea that someone in Kennington is pursuing projects that appeal to her and to others. And I have met people who have really enjoyed being involved in Community Arts projects that have taken place over the years. I will opt out of this one as well - but who am I to judge. The demolition of the Island Block is fascinating, and exploring it in this way may be fun. At least someone has had the energy to organise it.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6
Current: 6 of 6

Related news & features

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network