Gay pubs in SE1!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 24 March 2003 11.29am
Hi, I moved to Shad Thames in Jan and although see the odd person wandering (sashaying! LOL) by my balcony I wondered if there is any "gay life" in SE1 !!

I noticed some old postings about pubs but most seem to have closed.

Is there anything around? The idea of carting myself to the West End all the time for a drink/chat is just not gonna happen!

If there are any on here that fancy doing a "get to know you" meal by the river one night on a balmy evening then maybe we can organise something depending on numbers.

Monday 24 March 2003 11.48am
There is a wonderful old fashioned pub on Lant Street just round
from borough tube station. Small and free juke box.
It's called The Gladstone arms.
Can be a bit quiet at times but the locals are friendly.
Monday 24 March 2003 5.15pm
then there's a dodgy looking place called The Fort, on Grange Rd. I'm intrigued to know what it's like inside, but really wouldn't go in on my own.
Monday 24 March 2003 5.27pm
.. or if you're feeling really brave there's The Fort on Grange Road! Other than that there's the Jubilee Tavern in Waterloo or the Vauxhall of course. In Southwardk there's Warriors and XXL. Kennington has two - can't remember their names at the moment.
Tuesday 25 March 2003 7.12pm
The Gladstone in Lant Street is the only one I can vouch for. Good crowd and friendly. I must admit, given the size of the gay community around this way, i'd have thought there'd be more pubs. Apparently not.

Thursday 27 March 2003 9.40am
I think these messages have summarised pretty well, though the White Swan in Limehouse is reasonably accessable via the DLR from Tower Hill. Like the idea of a new venue in the Tower Bridge area, but pro tem a glass and a bite by the river would be nice!
Friday 28 March 2003 9.49am
As the weather starts to warm a few of 'us' can often be found on occupying a corner of the terrace at ASK. Come over and say hello.
Wednesday 2 April 2003 5.15pm
There's also MAN on Great Suffolk Street, more of a nite club than a pub, but they seem to have afternoon drinking sessions on Saturdays and Sundays.
Friday 4 April 2003 1.19pm
I think you meant "Drinking"
Thursday 10 April 2003 10.49pm
Is there anywhere for clapped-out old grots? Everywhere I go the people all seem to be about a third of my age.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: