Rats in Laurie House, Princess St, Gaywood St

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 May 2006 1.19pm
Has anyone else had problems with rats in this area? My cats (neutered queens by the way - not the Terror Toms who are spraying everywhere) are bringing in young rats. It happened last year too, during the spring & summer. Pest control people came in the late autumn and couldn't find anything but now it's warmer again they're back.

I suspect the nest is in the gardens of Laurie House, as my cats spend hours lurking around some overgrown honeysuckle in there. But it could also be in one of the untended garden in Gaywood/Princess.

I've alerted the housing office again, and hope for a more thorough reaction this time. Any clues or additional evidence much appreciated!
Monday 22 May 2006 3.57pm
I live in Laurie House and have never seen any rats or mice running around (cat sprayed my wall yesterday though...). I will keep on looking but I am afraid I don't really fancy shaking the bushes myself. If you need access, let me know. Have you ever seen Life of Grime? The program featuring pest control who put traps but also kill at sight with a broom or anything at hand...By the way, which is your cat? I often go down to stroke them. There are 4 of them: the black, the "tiger"crazy miaowing all the time, one with long red and white hair who love a stroke but gets scared by the big scary black and white cat.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: