Attack? on Prioress Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 May 2006 5.12pm
Does anyone know what happened to a young woman on Prioress Street this afternoon at about 2.00? My neighbour tell me that a young woman was attacked but when I rang the police to ask (as my young daughter walks along this road home by herself and I want to know if I should worry) they refused to give me any information at all because it is against the data protection act. There ought to be some way of getting information about what is happening in your local community - to know who or what to look out for if nothing else - or is it just me?
Tuesday 23 May 2006 7.38pm
This thread is not closed, does anyone know anything about what happened?
Wednesday 24 May 2006 3.46pm
Cateness, I overlook the road and quite often see attempted muggings as there are so many ways to escape. Perhaps the local police could look at installing CCTV?

For what it's worth I always go down afterwards or shout out to help anyone in trouble there.

One to watch out for is a guy in grey tracksuit with dreadlocks sometimes with two girls...
Wednesday 24 May 2006 6.36pm
crikey, mum moved out five years ago and i was always over there and never saw a thing and i was there at all times day and night.
Friday 26 May 2006 1.26pm
maybe this street isnt as safe as you think
Friday 26 May 2006 3.27pm
That link isn't quite as scary as it sounds, a man was tried and convicted of the murder (or manslaughter) of this victim and was known to him. The man who was stabbed had met his attacker somewhere else and let him into his flat, it was not a randon attack on Prioress Street. (you can read about that here, sorry I don't know how to make it into a link!) I have lived here for 11 years and have never once felt unsafe (touch wood!) nor have I ever heard of anything else happening (although I may be mercifully out of touch) What frightened me about this was that it happened in broad dayllight in the middle of the afternoon and having no idea of the nature of the attack. If a man stole a handbag randomly I cannot do anything about this and can't live my life in fear of it happening to me ( I am not meaning to make light of this happening to anyone) but if a gang of schoolboys attacked a young girl I would think twice about letting mine walk home by herself. It is also good to know what to be aware of. Thanks for the information about the muggings -drwb - I shall be a little more coareful in future.
Friday 26 May 2006 3.48pm
I don't mean mean the attack on Rod Hall was not shocking and horrific but just that it was not totally random.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: