George the barber

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 22 May 2006 6.00pm
George the barber on Bermondsey Street - his place was broken into a few weeks ago. Turns out they broke one of the front windows, clambered in & cleaned out near enough everything that was in there.
I'm amazed no one either saw or heard anything untoward.
Monday 22 May 2006 11.53pm
It couldn't happen to a nicer bloke, I've had a couple of haircuts there myself, but I can't help imagining a couple of villians trying to flog knocked off Brylcream and combs and "something for the weekend" the next night in the Woolpack!
Tuesday 23 May 2006 5.55pm
A Google search for "george's shop" on eBay returned some 568 items (this excluded those already shipped out of the country). The range and variety was amazing, remarkable given the modest size of George's premises.

I just don't understand what he was doing with so many Culture Club compilations and England Ladies Soccer shirts.

Niall
Tuesday 23 May 2006 7.07pm
comber comber comber comber comber chameleon...
Saturday 13 January 2007 3.56pm
Does anybody know the opening times for George the Barber or have a contact number. Can't seem to find one anywhere.
Saturday 13 January 2007 5.03pm
He has had a sign in the windoww this week, "Open 9.30 today". Not sure how long its been there.
Saturday 13 January 2007 6.30pm
He tends to be open from about 8.30am each morning & does a 1/2 day Saturday.
Sunday 14 January 2007 6.46pm
Thanks for the replies, might pop in before work this week.
Monday 15 January 2007 4.12pm
I am one of George's more recent "scalps" after his 36 years on Bermondsey Street (and am a very satisfied customer).

I do remember that I was a bit concerned when I first popped over the road to see him by the sign on his door : "Mind Your Head" !

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: