Crossbones Graveyard

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 25 May 2006 11.54pm
Cross bones graveyard

Any one know of any plans ?

Some sort of market ,even an extension of Borough market would improve the area.
Friday 26 May 2006 12.28am
As far as I recall, Southwark Council refused planning permission for either two or three office-blocks to be erected on the graveyard in 2002.

However the decision was overturned on appeal, which means that Transport for London now has permission to develop the site in that manner, but hasn't done so yet.
Friday 26 May 2006 8.41am
The site is earmarked to become part of the support area [equipment and site offices] for work in relation to the 'Thameslink 2000' viaduct, if it ever happens. Any new building would presumably be put on hold till the future of this project is clear.
Friday 26 May 2006 8.44am
Where is the graveyard?
Friday 26 May 2006 9.20am
Redcross Way, corner with Union Steet.
Friday 26 May 2006 10.34am
I was talking to someone a couple of years ago and they thought Ken Livingston wouldn't let offices be build there because they thought he supports good courses,

I pointed out that that was rubbish and Ken Livingston doesn't support good courses,

That just shows how people that aren't really paying attention to what is going on .are fooled by his out spoken gaffes and antics in to getting that impression.

Which is probably why be behaves like that.
Friday 26 May 2006 10.56am
mickysalt, much as I have my reservations about our Ken as well, I don't think it's necessary to turn every architecture related thread into a rant against him!
Friday 26 May 2006 1.25pm
you aways take issue with almost everything I say.

transport for London is run by Ken livingston.
Friday 26 May 2006 1.28pm
and he makes every decision personally.

Mickey, you are right ;0)

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 26 May 2006 10.34pm
Also jenafs, I don't turn every architectural topic in to a rant on Ken Livingston .
I mentioned him in the 1 Westminster bridge topic because the evening standard had commented on his position on that .

And my comment on this thread was about the perception some people have of him. In relation to the reality of his actions.

He also wants total control of planning across all boroughs of London .

Worth commenting, on I think.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network