Help! My Mum is Ninety

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Saturday 27 May 2006 3.08pm
Suggestions PLEASE! On 13th August my Mum will be ninety. She wants to have a lunch party in my place (which most of you know)...since it's August, one would like to hope it will be warm..but this being England, who can tell. However, as there will be around twenty something people, I dont think I should be faffing with the food, so would like recommendations for a caterer. Nothing ethnic, just plain good food and not ridiculously swishy prices.
Saturday 27 May 2006 3.09pm
SE1 based would be the most helpful, by the way, so that I can go and liaise etc.
Saturday 27 May 2006 10.45pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
SE1 based would be the most helpful, by the way, so that I can go and liaise etc.

The answer is always much closer to home than you think: why don't you give Nando's a go- plain, simple and affordable. Yummie!
Saturday 27 May 2006 11.10pm
You ARE kidding I trust!
Sunday 28 May 2006 8.13am
And they do free re-fills of diet coke. (no connection)
Sunday 28 May 2006 8.22am
Nando's - it's like feasting on Ambrosia (I'm told).
Sunday 28 May 2006 8.40am
no frills, small bills, free re-fills...

some quotes from Nando's :

'a healthy chick is a hot chick'

'PERi-PERi triggers the release of endorphins, which lift the spirits and libido and does wonders for your love life'

'...The women were also delighted with the effect that PERi-PERi had on their men; they were amazed that something so small could be so satisfying.' (!)

I'd be careful in this place if I were you Jackie!
Sunday 28 May 2006 8.44am
Oh you're all SO beastly, there I am with a real problem and you're sending it up. I have a particular gripe with bloody Nando's because they are in the bottom of our building and the funnel from their oven goes right up beside my terrace andif the wind is in the wrong direction everyone thinks I'm having a barbecue. Furthermore our courtyard REEKS of grilling chicken. So...NO MORE MENTION OF NANDO'S PLEEEEEEASE!

Sensible suggestions for my mother's ninetieth birthday gratefully accepted.
Sunday 28 May 2006 9.03am
got your message and I undersnado!
I'll get my thinking cap on...
Sunday 28 May 2006 2.25pm
well done your mum! waitrose entertaining is excellent and lovely packaging...and why not get in some staff from butlers in the buff...that should really get the party going
http://www.butlersinthebuff.co.uk/
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: