Help! My Mum is Ninety

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4
Sunday 28 May 2006 3.43pm
Jackie,

Have you seen this thread ?
Sunday 28 May 2006 4.01pm
How funny, I forgot all about that. In the end I cooked myself.
Sunday 28 May 2006 7.29pm
THANKS Siduhe, just the ticket (someone sensible at last!). Went to the thread, (Mauritz are you ASLEEP) and took down all the names....
Sunday 28 May 2006 8.35pm
where's your sense of humour Jackie?
Monday 29 May 2006 8.46am
Oh dont worry I DO have a sense of humour, only I really am in a bit of a tizz about this bloody lunch because I need to get booking - I'm away most of June and by the time I get back in July people might be booked up....it's rather weighing on my mind. Now that I've got this lovely list,plus Paul's personal rec. I can joke away. But alas, Nando's is SUCH a thorn in my personal flesh I find it hard to laugh about. You cannot imagine how detestable it is to be on my glorious terrace assailed by the smell of hot fat...ruins the whole thing. And Nando's seem to have no restrictions imposed upon them. Of course St.George should never have sold that ground floor range of shops to Nando's and Wetherspoons...totally irresponsible in a residential building (same goes for the huge Chinese restaurant in the bottom of the blue building in Walworth Road...bet the residents get pretty fed up with the smell of egg rolls.
Tuesday 30 May 2006 7.31am
Jackie,
in jamaica road there is a proper proper italian restaurant, the food is lovely it's family run they would make a real fuss of your mum, it's large airy place, no stairs etc., it the Castello restaurant. The kitchen can be seen with the cooks in it! ( no 'orrible smells!) it's on the new Piazza that southwark has just poshed up!
The chicken breast stuffed with crab...lovely, I'll find the number out for you.
Tuesday 30 May 2006 8.28am
Thanks Jan, but the point is I need catering HERE in my house!
Tuesday 30 May 2006 10.28am
How about M&S- they'll deliver food...as will Waitrose.
Lots of bars and restaurants now do a delivery/catering service too.
Tuesday 30 May 2006 11.31am
I really reccommend Sarah Nops (as on the previous thread) personally and professionally she is an excellent cook (years of experience at the Good Housekeeping Magazine Institute) and very reasonably priced. Do PM me Jackie if you need to get in touch with her. She catered for my parents 40th wedding anniversary and everyone was very happy!
Tuesday 30 May 2006 12.11pm
God bless our Forum!
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 2 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network