Serious Assault on Trinity Street?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 30 May 2006 9.38pm
I've just returned from a weekend away and found one of those yellow signs outside my house saying that a woman was seriously assaulted on Trinity Street on the 15th May.
Does anyone know anything about it? Is she OK?
Thursday 8 June 2006 2.00pm
Hi Suzie
Myself and my husband have just moved into the area and I noticed the sign last night - it has concered me greatly as my husband works in a restaurant and therefore if I go out on an evening I walk back on my own.
Did you manage to find out anymore?
Kind Regards

[edited at poster's request March 2008]
Thursday 8 June 2006 2.27pm

I have lived in the Trinity Street area for 4 years and this is the first time I have seen any notice like this. Usually it is very safe, often with chldren playing in the street.
Thursday 8 June 2006 3.08pm
I have felt very comfortable in the area, it is a lovely area - I feel very lucky to live there. It is worrying when you see signs like that and I was just curious if anyone had heard anything more as I hope they get the person who did it.
Thursday 8 June 2006 9.40pm
I have lived on Trinity for 18 years I'm not aware of an incident like this before but dont kid yourself there has been lots of thefts over the years. Although traffic may have been drasticaly reduced over the last two years it still remains a route for people to walk down i.e some of them opportunists who will breakin to cars, homes/steal bikes etc also many drunks walk down after closing time some of them have been aggressive. Bottom line we live in a city and have to be careful and on guard at all times. As a street though I wouldn't live any where else in North Southwark , well maybe Dorset. :-)
Friday 9 June 2006 7.16am
If this is going to happen in trinity street a better idea may be to open up the road to traffic again, it may deter some rotten git if he can see cars with witnesses in...or maybe not..:-(
Friday 9 June 2006 2.29pm
Now they're blocking off the end of Gt Suffolk St (opposite the West end of Trinity St), it's probably not such an incentive for cars to want to drive down there anyway.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 9 June 2006 5.27pm
Trinity Street and the surrounding areas has experienced some muggings.
If you live in the area, why not have a look at the TNRA (Trinty Newington Estate Residents Association) website and see if your home is included in this estate - even if it isn't, you may still be interested.
TNRA meets with the local police and with Simon Huges and councillors to discuss safety as well as othe issues.

I don't know anything about the unfortunate incident mentioned, but I feel very safe in this area. There are muggers everywhere, but the difference to me is that regular people smile at each and are open and friendly - I feel that if I had occasion to call for help, someone would probably be there for me. Stats don't show that.
Friday 9 June 2006 5.42pm
They are not closing off Suffolk street, all they are doing is making the junction safer. It will be open in a few days. As for the idea of opening Trinity St to traffic again bad idea. The St is far better closed far safer for pedestrians and cyclists. Wildlife has benefited too and lastly the birds sound fantastic now you can hear them singing.
Saturday 10 June 2006 12.22am
That's strange scooter, I can hear the birds singing every morning and I live on a road traffic through route like Trinity street was designed to be! Birds usually sing early in the morning and late in the evening when the traffic has died down, sadly only the muggers are out then. A small amount of wealthy. or influential, residents and cyclists have benefitted at the expense of increasing vehicle congestion in surrounding areas. Pedestrians had pavements and pedestrian crossings before during, and strangely, after the bollards went up, only the suicidal ones would benefit from the reduced traffic.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: