Simon the Tanner shut?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 7 June 2006 8.03am
I was away last week but since I have been back the Simon has been shut and all the windows shut upstairs with no sign of life-does anyone know what has happened as there are no signs etc on the windows to say why it is shut or if it is temporary.
Wednesday 7 June 2006 8.21am
Oh no, not AGAIN. Is there a jinx on this place? It's so nice, if I were more of a regular pub person I'd go more often, but whenever we've met there it's been great.
Wednesday 7 June 2006 10.54am
I'll have a look out too and see if there is any sign of life? Maybe the poker tournament wore them out?
Wednesday 7 June 2006 3.29pm
The Simon was shut on Saturday a week or so ago - Paul and Kim decided that the management company was not going to give them any support and therefore it was not going to allow them to get any futher in building up the business!! Now we just have to wait to see if it is going to open again - anyone guess really!!
Wednesday 7 June 2006 3.47pm
that is a shame as you never know what is going to happen next with the building and who is going to go in there-I understand the management company who were trying to build flats on the upper floors had their application turned down and had appealled against the decision so i guess if it went ahead the pub would have to shut whilst this took place (?) so maybe a feeling that not worth trying to build it up in the short term.
Wednesday 7 June 2006 4.20pm
That's a real shame....
Monday 12 June 2006 8.06am
looks like it is staying shut - a van took away all the stock on Sunday afternoon which does not fill me with confidence it will re open anytime soon

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: