No water last night

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 7 June 2006 11.47am
Did anyone else have no water at about 12.30am last night? Ours went off annoyingly while cleaning my teeth (and no, I don't leave the tap on while I'm brushing)and then was back on again by this am. I have had this a few times before,at about the same time on night, but not for so long or som complete - normally it's just a pressure drop. I thought someone else had posted about it too, but couldn't find it...Any idea what's going on, or is it simply stealth anti drought measures?
hat
Wednesday 7 June 2006 12.38pm
don't know where you live but we're in waterloo and came home one night last week to find no water in the taps. rang thames and they cited 'routine maintenance' and it was back on by midnight. I understood that they were supposed to give notice of such things but apparently not...
Wednesday 7 June 2006 1.41pm
Wasn't up at 12.30am to notice, but when I turned on my taps this morning they coughed and spluttered for a while as if the system had taken in air overnight. This tends to happen every couple of weeks or so (and no I don't get any notice or explanation!)
Thursday 8 June 2006 10.06am
slothrop wrote:
Wasn't up at 12.30am to notice, but when I turned on my taps this morning they coughed and spluttered for a while as if the system had taken in air overnight. This tends to happen every couple of weeks or so (and no I don't get any notice or explanation!)

happened alot last week here. turned taps on in the morning and after a 5 second delay, the water burst out! really suprised it didn't blow the taps off! always been quite bad every couple of weeks as you say slothrop but very bad last week!
Jac
Thursday 8 June 2006 10.34am
There was no water last night at 3.30am.
Thursday 8 June 2006 10.35am
...and a death rattle from my sink at 7.30am.
Thursday 8 June 2006 10.40am
It's very annoying isn't it? I'm in the Jam Factory, and I know a few other people had the same thing/we up late enough to have noticed it. Perhaps it's designed to make us go to bed earlier AND save water...
Thursday 8 June 2006 11.18am
forgot to say! was quite annoying last week when my mum was running a bath and the pressure went! this stopped the hotness of the water as well so she had to have a half empty bath after waiting twice the time to run it. this was about 9/10pm! what is actually happening?

edit: no problems this morning!
Jac
Thursday 8 June 2006 10.06pm
If you are having a problem with water pressure please complain. I complained about lack of water pressure recently after a similar thread, but the reply I got back was very much along the lines of well nobody else in your neighbourhood is complaining so it must just be a problem with your pipes, nothing to do with us! So alas no you in resolving the problem and to keep clean we need to use the bath on the ground floor rather than the more water economical shower on the first floor.
Friday 9 June 2006 12.08am
No water at 4am last night - reason I know is that we were up to change the nappy of our 3 week old baby Lexi. Had to boil some Evian!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: