Art framers in the area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 8 June 2006 12.18pm
Does anyone know/have experience of any high quality picture framers in the area. We have a large piece which really needs careful framing.
Thursday 8 June 2006 12.22pm
There are some recommendations here: http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/40674
Thursday 8 June 2006 1.11pm
To echo comments on the previous thread, I have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road, near the Hartley and was very happy with the result and service.
Thursday 8 June 2006 2.06pm
Cloe wrote:
To echo comments on the previous thread, I have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road, near the Hartley and was very happy with the result and service.

Bijan is excellent - he framed three posters for me and did an great job. On the expensive side, however.
JQL
Friday 9 June 2006 9.24am
Pure and Applied on Bermondsey Street (opposite the cluster of Galliard Homes offices / developments). I have used them many times over the years for some very large canvases and they did a very good job and were also very obliging and pleasant and not too expensive.

On the other hand I would never ever use "Hays Gallery" in Hays Galleria. I took some canvas into them and they lied, cheated and damaged the art whilst seemingly getting a small child to hammer 6inch nails into an ill-fitting frame. They were also incredibly rude.

No connections etc.
Monday 12 June 2006 12.28pm
I've used Sean Kelly gallery on London Rd, Elephant & Castle, for a lot of things. Not the cheapest in the world, but boy, do they do a good job, even with incredibly fragile pieces.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 11.15am
I too have used Bijan on Tower Bridge Road. He has framed photos, prints & oil paintings - big & small & did a very good job.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 12.52pm
I had something very fragile mounted, sealed framed etc at a place on Lower Marsh recently. Excellent job and some really beautiful frames.Cannot remember name of shop- Peter someone I think.
Tuesday 13 June 2006 3.39pm
Phillips Framing

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: