Outdoor Screen for World Cup?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 9 June 2006 7.06pm
Hello All

Is there a large outdoor screen in SE1 where the footie will be on ? Someone said there may be something near Tower Bridge but cant find any info. Please hlp

Thanks
Friday 9 June 2006 7.32pm
The thing at Potters Fields is called the Sure Fanzone:

http://www.surewildestfan.com/fanzone/

I only found out about it this afternoon.

It seems that you have to enter a prize draw to get tickets.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 10 June 2006 6.38pm
It's a disaster. It was meant to be ticket only for a little over 100 people. In the event apparently Sky TV promoted it this morning and hundreds of drunken fans arrived only to find they couldn't get in so they blocked the pavement at Tower Bridge looking at the screen They also climbed over the fencing and the police had to be called. There were five police vans at one time trying to control the situation!
Sunday 11 June 2006 8.05pm
Went to the Belushis Sports Bar on Borough High Street for the 1st time to watch the England v Paraguay match - never been there before but it was really good - decent beer, good food, air conditioned (vital on a 28C day !) - I am going to watch all our matches there
Monday 12 June 2006 10.49am
Oh dear. I saw the numerous live reports and sky news which made no mention of the fact that there were only 100 tickets. It sounded like a very good fun free for all. No wonder they had trouble! Shame.
Monday 12 June 2006 10.59am
The IMAX at Waterloo isn't outdoors but it is showing some of the England games on their huge screen.

There's some info on their website

www.bfi.org.uk/imax
Monday 12 June 2006 11.22am
over at canary wharf great open air screen....behind station
Monday 12 June 2006 11.25am
I understand from Southwark Events that the screen in future will not be visible from the road. However if Sky continue to promote the event we will have to cope with all the unhappy punters who turn up as on Saturday. Maybe we should have a sign up directing them to Canary Wharf!
Monday 12 June 2006 11.34am
the one at Canary Wharf may not show any more as there was a lot of trouble there 16 people injured-including a child hit by yobs throwing bottles. the police made them turn the screen off.
Monday 12 June 2006 11.36am
According to Metro, there was a "brawl" at the Canary Wharf screening, involving 200 people!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: