Lazy days... - pub with big screen near Tower Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 12 June 2006 3.24pm
Hi All, as a result of my firm's summer outing, I have a weekday afternoon effectively free whilst the World Cup is on (it is in London, and all the proposed touristy afternoon plans are places I've been to recently). Does anyone have any recommendations for a pub with a big screen as close as possible to Tower Bridge? Outdoor space would be a bonus for when the football is not on, and if I'm going to have a proper wish list then a good selection of ales would also be good. And dancing girls.
Monday 12 June 2006 5.36pm
well, i can't vouch for the size of the screen exactly (what is it about men that means size matters so much?) but the River Bar on TB (south side) is showing all the matches and it's a jolly nice place to spend some time IMHO.

Monday 12 June 2006 7.31pm
Maybe a bit too far away for you, but Brew Wharf next to Borough Market have installed a couple of large screens above the bar which may be viewed from the outside terrace as well as from inside [plus I'm told, another one inside the place somewhere]. So don't visit BW if you want to ignore the footy.
Thursday 15 June 2006 1.18pm
King's Arms on Tooley St, just round the corner from River Bar. Nice place.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: