Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 April 2003 2.16pm
Can anyone help? I'm looking to get a small verse written onto velum or parchment and am looking for someone who does caligraphy!!

Thanks (again)

Wednesday 2 April 2003 3.25pm
I was looking for calligraphy courses in SE1 recently, and couldn't find anything suitable for me, but it might be worth getting in touch with a couple of colleges if you want someone local. Alternatively, have a look on the web - but search for calligraphy... ;-) There are a couple of good examples of people's work on there. If I can find any more details I'll let you know.
Wednesday 2 April 2003 3.31pm
You could try contacting one of the local colleges or adult education centres - I expect the London College of Printing for instance runs a calligraphy course and would have someone who could produce something for you or point you in the right direction.
Wednesday 2 April 2003 4.30pm
i am a graphic designer and i did a spot of calligraphy in art college (a few years ago now!), and i am a bit out of practise, so if you dont have any luck, i don't mind having a stab at it- my partner says i have lovely handwriting which is a start i suppose! i would have to dig out some parchment paper and calligraphy pens etc from somewhere though. anyway keep me posted...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: