Furniture Recycling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 June 2006 5.11pm
I've recently bought a new table and chairs and have no space for my old furniture. The table is not very pretty but with a table cloth over the top is fine, and I have managed to live with it for 18 months. I have tried to give it to a couple of charities but they have said it has to be excellent quality. I am loathed for it to end up in a rubbish tip when I'm sure there are charities who can redistribute it to someone who needs it.
Anyone know of any who can pick up?
Tuesday 20 June 2006 5.39pm
How about this?
Wednesday 21 June 2006 10.00am
Southwark Council had a depot at Peckham for reusable furniture, Frensham Street I think, it went to the homeless. give the council a ring, it was a wonderful service i hope they still have it.
Wednesday 21 June 2006 10.11am
Thanks for your suggestions. I placed an advert on the freebies section of and have had about 15 people already who want to give them a new home.
Wednesday 21 June 2006 10.50am
Strange really CVM how the charities are so picky...and yet 15 replies through the free ads. on gumtree!
Wednesday 21 June 2006 2.39pm
is it just me, or is giving furniture to homeless people somewhat of a stupid idea?
Wednesday 21 June 2006 2.51pm
sorry jon should have made meself clear.....upon allocation of housing if they were on homeless list, they were given number of frensham street to ring! probably changed now...
Monday 26 June 2006 3.25pm
There is a charity called (I think) Furniture Aid in Clapham Road, SW9, near the Oval, who will take most furniture for re-use.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: