Locally produced honey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 21 June 2006 1.53pm
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any details of anywhere I can get locally produced honey? It was the Urban Chef's fault as he visited a hive on the roof of the block across the road from me, if anyone can help at all I would be extremely grateful.

Nick
Wednesday 21 June 2006 1.58pm
Wednesday 21 June 2006 2.07pm
you could also contact Konstam the restaurant in Kings X, who source food from around London - they get theirs from someone with hives on a roof in central london but not sure where
Wednesday 21 June 2006 2.23pm
I reckon Konstam could do with some SE1 cider.

...if you press it, they will come.
Wednesday 21 June 2006 4.31pm
I bought some Lambeth Palace Garden honey the other weekend when they had an open day. The address on the label is Roots and Shoots, Walnut Tree Walk, SE11 9DN tel: 020 7587 1131.

When I went to the Roots and Shoots open day they had run out of the really local honey so bought a 'London' honey and the address on that is J. Chapple, 123 Perryn Road, W3 7LT.

Both are really yummy the Lambeth Palace honey is very floral whilst the London honey has a slight diesely hint!
Wednesday 21 June 2006 4.42pm
diesely honey sounds gooood!
Thursday 22 June 2006 4.07pm
it certainly has that comforting smell I assoiciate with London - a slight nose of pollution!!
Saturday 24 June 2006 6.28am
Tip from my contact

"www.lbka.org.uk

Everyone's after local honey this year. Any of our members who have any honey left at all will probably be selling it through the shop at Roots
and Shoots (Walnut Tree Walk SE11). We usually harvest at the end of July,
though some harvest throughout the year, so there's a chance there is some
about"
Monday 10 July 2006 4.05pm
Fresh local (SE11) honey is for sale in the new shop at Roots and Shoots (Walnut Tree Walk, off Kennington Road). Price 3.50 per half pound jar). You can also visit the apiary and the observation hive in the wildlife garden.
020 7587 1131.
Tuesday 11 July 2006 11.22am
The beekeeper who usually sells at Roots and Shoots was on the lookout for more places to put hives. Is there room on the Ivanhoe family balcony?
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: