Trampolining?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 June 2006 9.00am
Never watch "The Games" with an 11 year old [especially when you are 37]. "I'd like to do that [trampolining] with you", he announced. So ... looking for somewhere, preferably in SE1 but will travel if necessary, which is running trampolining sessions over the school holidays and which doesn't require us to join a club. We both (ahem!) just want to try it to see if we like it. And it needs to be a proper size trampoline (Olympic sized?) because the 11 year old is a natural gymnast and wants to do a bit more than jumping up and down, arms flailing [I'll take care of that side of things]. Any/all advice greatly appreciated.
Thursday 22 June 2006 10.32am
you could try circus space in Hoxton, I'm sure they used to do it
Thursday 22 June 2006 4.47pm
Biscuit boy is right. Circus Space runs courses in circus skills for the over eights. Apparently they book out early. (Must remember to put my daughter's name down.)

Not sure about trampolines, but do know there are various things that go on at Crystal Palace, and it might be worth checking with them.
Thursday 22 June 2006 4.49pm
They still do - and they have a really good youth scheme for kids to try all sorts of things...but Circus Space isn't cheap (well not for adults) so you might want to look elsewhere - althought I've been doing classes there for 8 years(not in trampoline) so I obviously like it! ALso try Crystal Palace Sports centre which does kids trampolining classes(from 3 upwards) and Crofton Park used to do it years ago, but may not anymore!
The Circus space website is www.circusspace.com

Good luck - and happy bouncing.
Thursday 22 June 2006 7.19pm
Thank you all - I will look into all these suggestions

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: