Mar i Terra tapas restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 24 June 2006 11.31am
had dinner at this se1 restaurant last week and were not impressed with the attitude of the staff...food was good but the staff had serious grumps! why is it so hard to get a smile out of some people?
Anonymous User
Saturday 24 June 2006 7.37pm
Really? I go there quite alot because the food is good and the staff so friendly. You must have caught them on an off night!
Saturday 24 June 2006 8.57pm
I also go there alot and have always found the staff lovely and the food good.
Sunday 25 June 2006 7.35am
well it was busy...the attitude towards the tip was what most annoyed us. the waiter demanding the tip in cash rather than on the card ... yet it had already been added to the bill! a bit of a cheek if you ask me...especailly as the service was at best mediocre
Sunday 25 June 2006 2.41pm
I went there once as part of a largish group of local women and got "asked to leave" before we'd even ordered. I had had excellent service there before when dining a deux, so maybe they don't like groups. It certainly left a nasty taste in the mouth, and I wouldn't go back
Monday 26 June 2006 11.37am
If the tip is included on the credit card slip, I ask for one without it and tip in cash. That way the management don't get their cut - don't even ask if it's ever declared as income for tax purposes...
Monday 26 June 2006 2.18pm
It's common in restaurants for tips to be added to earnings to ensure the waiting staff are 'officially' being paid the minimum wage. So, they're actually paid (as in the cost to the business) 2 an hour, with the remaining 3 being funded out of the tips. Therefore, the tips are subject to deductions from earnings.
Monday 26 June 2006 3.13pm
Where is this restaurant please?
Monday 26 June 2006 3.15pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/info/49/mar-i-terra

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 26 June 2006 4.45pm
i live around the corner and its one of my favourites, admitedly some of the staff's english isnt too hot but have always had excelent service and great food.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: